CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Laminate Trimmer

on 2004-08-12 08:03:37 UTC
On Thursday 12 August 2004 09:01 am, Ken Jenkins wrote:

> > Nifty! How thick was that material you made that mount out of?

> @.375" I cut the central hole out with a rotary table on my mill, drilled
> and tapped the draw bolt holes then lastly used a hack saw to cut the
> circle open. The act of cleaning up the hacksaw marks takes off enough
> material to be able to draw tight around the body of the trimmer. I also
> have a similar setup on my Grizzly only using a Rotozip.

I'm not familiar with a "rotozip", what is it?

> > I particularly liked the "inverted center punch" idea. :-)

> It worked!

:-)

> >> In terms of speed control, I use a @$20 one I got a while back from
> >> Harbour Freight. Works fine. You could look into controlling your speed
> >> from the computer though for not much more $$... Check this out:

> >> http://www.homanndesigns.com/

> > I could not get that page to load properly in my browser. <shrug>

> Hmmmm ... Try this one:
>
> http://www.homanndesigns.com/DigiSpeedDeal.html

That one was okay except that the "***" that was supposed to be after the
WARNING showed up on top of the word "controller" on the following line.
Kicking my font size downward a couple of notches fixed it, though. And the
site keeps wanting to send me wav files?! I really need to figure out what
to change in this setup to have it not bother me with saying "cancel" to
those... :-)

> > What sort of material are you cutting with that trimmer?

> Plastic (acrylic, lexan, delrin) and wood.

Ok. I'm still getting a grip on what works with what kinds of machinery...

> > I'd be interested in hearing how it goes for longer runs than 30 minutes,
> > should you do one...

> I've done a couple now and it seems to be just fine. Doesn't overheat or
> make loud grinding noises (yet! :-)

That's good to hear. :-)

Discussion Thread

Ken Jenkins 2004-08-12 06:01:32 UTC Re: Laminate Trimmer Steven Ciciora 2004-08-12 07:26:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Laminate Trimmer Roy J. Tellason 2004-08-12 08:03:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Laminate Trimmer