CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long!

Ray Henry wrote:

> Jon wrote:
> [snipsnipsnip]
> > (The only problem is that while you are in
> > another window,
> > you lose keyoard and mouse focus to the machining task, so the only
> > emergency
> > control is the E-stop button, which is a bit drastic. Nothing like
> > trying to switch focus
> > with the mouse when a crash is 1/2 second away!)
> >
> > Jon
> The problem becomes figuring out how to make a feedhold/pause
> available to
> the operator who is "fearlessly editing" something else.

Well, I'm working on a flexible interface to replace the STG card, but
it could
do a lot of other things, too. So, I'm planning on making a real
pendant, with
jog dials, override controls, etc. that would be connected to the GUI
directly,
rather than through the X interface. What had been holding me back was
deciding how to connect the pendant to the PC.

Jon Elson 2000-05-04 11:51:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long!