CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] vector-cam?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2000-05-04 19:51:11 UTC
Jim Fackert wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with Centriforce VECTORCad cad-cam
> software? How's it work?

I'm just getting started with it. Been limping on a demo 14.0 version of
Bobcad for several years (cutting and pasting 11 lines at a time into
Notepad...).
Vector is different from Bobcad, and there appears to be as much or more
CAD oriented features as CAM. That does me little good as I'm ususally
working from geometry created from Cadkey files. I'm sure the CAD
features will come in handy sooner or later when I catch some booboo
while programming. If I stay with Cadkey another revision, I'll move on
to Acucarve eventually which runs from inside Cadkey. But for now, it
appears to be a great tool at a good price. And, I doubt you will find
better service/support than offered by Fred Smith, here on the list.

Jon Anderson 2000-05-04 19:51:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] vector-cam?