CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Vacuum for the machine shop

Posted by tsomer2003
on 2004-08-31 19:49:02 UTC
Ken,

Have you ever had a Fein vacuum. They're rated pretty quiet-- around
6o decibels. One of the ways they do this is by venting the air
around the rim of the canister instead of through a vent pipe.

I've not examined the Shop Vac QSP model but found it tempting. Just
wondered if you could offer a comparison to the Fein and verify
whether or not it has a vent outlet.

Now to the point: someone suggested two hoses at the router, one for
intake and the other to blow air towards the intake. I was wondering
if the canister vac could be rigged this way. Yes, I suspect heat
could become a problem, but a second drop canister could mitigate
that.

Just a thought.

Tom

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jenkins <kjenkins@b...>
wrote:
> I use a Shop Vac QSP Contractor Wet/Dry 6.5 peak HP 86776-24. I
bought
> It at Home Depot. Can't remember how much it was but it was worth
every
> penny, I use it in for saw dust, plastic dust, metal swarf,
everything. It
> has a steel canister. It is powerful and best of all quiet when
compared to
> any other shop vac I've had in the past. I love it.
>
> Ken Jenkins
>

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:34:01 EDT
> > From: JanRwl@A...
> > Subject: Re: Can anyone recommend a vacuum for the machine shop?
> >
> > In a message dated 8/21/2004 3:07:05 PM Central Standard Time,
> > miguel-cubillas@c... writes:
> > Is a 2-stage model required for this type of application?<<
> > Yes. Look in the Grainger's catalog. Failing that, go to a
Handy Dan or
> > Lowes, etc. Take money!

Ken Jenkins 2004-08-29 13:40:48 UTC Re: Vacuum for the machine shop miguel_cubillas 2004-08-30 12:59:33 UTC Re: Vacuum for the machine shop miguel_cubillas 2004-08-30 13:00:10 UTC Re: Vacuum for the machine shop tsomer2003 2004-08-31 19:49:02 UTC Re: Vacuum for the machine shop