CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Jog Pendant

Brian Bartholomew wrote:

> > So, I'm planning on making a real pendant, with jog dials, override
> > controls, etc. that would be connected to the GUI directly, rather
> > than through the X interface. What had been holding me back was
> > deciding how to connect the pendant to the PC.
>
> Sounds like work. Why not use one of those existing commercial PC
> game joysticks with fifty zillion buttons on it?

The problem with the PC game joysticks is they are extremely
non-linear, and drift wildly with temperature. they use a cheap
pot it the stick, and a timer chip and cheap capacitor and resistor
to measure the pot position. I can't allow a machine that can
exert over 1000 Lbs of linear force to be controlled by something
that unreliable.

Jon Elson 2000-05-04 22:42:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Jog Pendant bfp 2000-05-04 23:32:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Jog Pendant