CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew lead question

Posted by Les Newell
on 2004-09-03 16:15:17 UTC
Hi David,

The pitch of the ballscrews has little effect on their accuracy.
Acccuracy is dependent on how accurately they are machined. Backlash
does tend to increase slightly when you get to the really coarse pitches
like 1TPI and less.

Metric pitches aren't odd - those strange inch pitches, now they are odd
;-). It actually makes no difference to TurboCNC,EMC, Mach2, DeskCNC etc
if your screws are metric or inch. They all generate a scale factor that
translates your machining units to steps. This scale factor is only
calculated when you are setting up so it makes no difference when you
are cutting.

Les