CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: SPINDLE MAINTENANCE PROCEDURE

Posted by Patrick
on 2004-09-09 15:36:31 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "john_glynn57"
<john_glynn57@y...> wrote:
> I am looking for a procedure for changing the bearings\setting
> preloads and running in a grinding wheel spindle.
>
> john

John,

I recently replaced spindle bearings in my milling machine. I found
a complete procedure (for a grinding wheel spindle) detailed in the
back of the '02 Torrington/Fafnir bearing catalog. The job is
not "Rocket Science" as some would have you believe. A syringe with
a large needle, graduated in cubic centimeters works well to apply
the exact amount of grease.

Patrick

Discussion Thread

john_glynn57 2004-09-09 15:16:20 UTC SPINDLE MAINTENANCE PROCEDURE Patrick 2004-09-09 15:36:31 UTC Re: SPINDLE MAINTENANCE PROCEDURE