CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 30mm By 1.4 nut

Posted by metlmunchr
on 2004-09-18 12:46:22 UTC
Brian, for metric threads the standard practice is major diameter
minus pitch = tap drill size. So, in your case, 30-1.4=28.6mm You'll
need to calculate the thread depth via info in a reference like
Machinery's Handbook, and it will depend on the class of fit you're
going after. Generally you'll get the best finish, etc on an internal
milled thread by dropping to the bottom of the hole, moving into the
material, and climb cutting back to the top.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "bdrmachine" <bdrmachine@c...>
wrote:
> I need a special nut for my cnc convertion of my lathe. The nut
> size is (30mm by 1.4). The outside diameter of the threads the nut
> will fit on is (29.75mm). What I need to know is what size do I
> bore the nut out to before threading? I plan to use a single tooth
> thread endmill. I have played a little with this feature of my mill
> but have no real experience with it. how deep do I mill to?
>
> Thanks
> Brian

Discussion Thread

bdrmachine 2004-09-18 12:37:00 UTC 30mm By 1.4 nut metlmunchr 2004-09-18 12:46:22 UTC Re: 30mm By 1.4 nut