CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DeskCNC API?

Posted by optics22000
on 2004-09-22 13:11:02 UTC
Thanks, Fred.
The documentation describes a wide range of API calls and messanges,
this should be quite useful.

Elliot

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Smith" <imserv@v...>
wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Elliot Burke" <elliot@h...>
> wrote:
> > Fred,
> > Could you elaborate on the DeskCNC API?
> > This was mentioned on the URL you posted yesterday,
> > I'd like to know if a windows program (visual basic) could make
> calls to the
> > API to run the machine.
> >
> > Will the API do everything the program can? Any limitations?
>
> The API uses the DeskCNC, dll. Not all calls are open. Last summer
> we added direct g-code parsing to the api as well as the low level
> commands that are used for the actual controller.
>
> To look at the api, you may want to visit this link:
>
> http://www.deskcnc.com/api.html
>
> I have not had a chance to play with the latest and greatest, but
the
> example in the download should have all you need to figure out how
> make a VB application that will work with the DeskCNC controller.
>
> None of the CAM functions are available in the API.
>
> Fred Smith - IMService
> Ultimate dongle.

Discussion Thread

Elliot Burke 2004-09-22 07:51:25 UTC DeskCNC API? Fred Smith 2004-09-22 11:29:17 UTC Re: DeskCNC API? optics22000 2004-09-22 13:11:02 UTC Re: DeskCNC API? Paul Amaranth 2004-09-22 18:10:32 UTC Opinions on Mazak