CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mill/Drill cnc question

on 2004-09-28 17:15:59 UTC
I took the spring off on my HF mill drill works fine without it
www.lambertsrc.com<http://www.lambertsrc.com/>

thanks Kenneth
----- Original Message -----
From: A. G. Eckstein<mailto:a_eckstein@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com<mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 3:56 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mill/Drill cnc question

I have cnc'd my mill drill and that stupid spring on the Z axis keeps
getting in the way of some of my fixturing.

Has anybody ever just taken that stupid thing off?

It is handy if you use the manual pull down handles, but I have removed
them and ONLY have power feed via cnc. It would make more sense to have "a
counter weight" on the quill itself to make sure the downstroke is always
pushing instead of having the spring on the countershaft.

Any thoughts?

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)
In God We Trust

LaGrange, GA

http://bellsouthpwp.net/A/r/Arts_home_page/cnc/<http://bellsouthpwp.net/A/r/Arts_home_page/cnc/>

Addresses:
FAQ: http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html<http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html>
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com<mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>

Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>
Moderator: pentam@...<mailto:pentam@...> indigo_red@...<mailto:indigo_red@...> davemucha@...<mailto:davemucha@...> [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.
http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html<http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html>