CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tamagawa encoder pinout

bluecoast1 wrote:

>Hey,
>
>next question. I have a Tamagawa AC servo with an unknown (tamagawa)
>encoder on it.
>
>The encoder has the following differential pairs:
>
>A,B,Z,T,U,V,W.
>
>I don't know what T,U,V, and W are. I know Tamagawa encoders have both
>an absolute and an incremental output, so presumably T,U,V, and W are
>the absolute portion, but does anybody know what they mean exactly (ie
>I want to use them to generate some fake hall-effect signal for
>commutation).

A,B and Z are almost universally used to indicate the 2 quadrature channels
(A and B) and a once-per-rev index channel (Z). U V and W are very
commonly used to indicate the motor phases or in this case the commutation
signals. I'd bet that these signals will come on in relation to the motor
phases, in other words, that they will look exactly like the traditional
Hall sensor
signals used for commutation. I can't figure out what T does, though.

bluecoast1 2004-10-11 12:36:37 UTC tamagawa encoder pinout Jon Elson 2004-10-11 20:07:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tamagawa encoder pinout