CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Serial Port to Calipers

Posted by ibewgypsie
on 2004-10-20 18:31:42 UTC
Howdy.. if you figure it out let me know by email please. THE protocol
is the same as the cheap chinese scales. Littlemachineshop.com has the
pictures and explanation better than I can. It is a two channel
continous burst transmission with null periods, second channel is a
clock if I remember.

I'd love to use the old single board computer as a dro on my lathe.
CHEAP..

David

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Don Rogers <Don@C...> wrote:
> A while back, there was some talk about using digital calipers for
DRO's on
> a small scale. I wasn't willing to contribute my Mitutoyos to the
cause,
> but this weekend, Kragan Auto had an ad for 6" digitals for $14.95.
So, I
> picked up a pair for my Taig Lathe. After I got them home, I found
they
> have a serial port. The instructions provide a lot of information
on the
> use of this port.
>
> IE
> "Data Output: serial output for interface with host computer or printer"
>
> and
>
> "Data Processing Interface (Option): functions-data storage,
processing &
> printing with software of quality control"
>
> Yep, made in China.
>
> My question is, is there a standard interface/plug for connecting to a
> serial port? Also, what is the protocol on the interface?
>
> Thanks
>
> Don
>
> PS On a side note, I bought some light fixtures the other day and
when I
> opened the box, there was this strange odor. When I opened the
calipers
> today, the same smell was there. One was packed in cardboard and
paper,
> the other in a plastic case & foam. Do they have some secrete chemical
> that they use to make us keep coming back for more of their junk,
aahh I
> mean quality products?? {:>)
>
> Don

Discussion Thread

Don Rogers 2004-10-20 17:57:14 UTC Serial Port to Calipers ibewgypsie 2004-10-20 18:31:42 UTC Re: Serial Port to Calipers Andy Wander 2004-10-20 18:52:28 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Serial Port to Calipers Don Rogers 2004-10-22 14:10:54 UTC Re: Serial Port to Calipers