CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Start up shopping list

Posted by Derek Barger
on 2000-05-11 22:35:03 UTC
James Avey wrote:

> I'm a newbie and have been lurking here for a month or so. I presently use a
> router and jigs to machine plastic (1/8" ABS sheet) parts for my
> incubators. Two dimensions, the largest part is 15" x 12". I don't need huge
> accuracy, just a more consistent quality ( and the idea that I can start a
> part and then do something else is really attractive.)
>
> OK - so how do I get started? Something in a kit form or retro fitting a
> mill is ok. My budget is about $1000.

Jim I am currently building a router table and would suggest building
your own. I am making it out of hard wood and have not spent more than
$300 so far. Build it out of what you are comfortable with such as
metal, Plexiglas or wood. Sounds like your around plastic I am using
delron for the bearings drilled 3/4" for the shafts. I will probably
have a 20" x 24" x 6" when done. Just a few thoughts.

Derek B.

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2000-05-11 21:33:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Start up shopping list Derek Barger 2000-05-11 22:35:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Start up shopping list ptengin@a... 2000-05-12 01:25:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Start up shopping list