CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Limit switches opto / hall effect

Posted by Chuck Rice
on 2004-10-23 20:01:44 UTC
At 4:25 PM +0000 10/23/04, bdrmachine wrote:
>I would like to use Opto sensors or Hall Effect sensors for limit
>switches. What are the pro's and con's of the 3 types? What degree
>of accurary can be producted with the 3 types of limit switches.
>
>Thanks
>Brian

I am new to this, but I found

<http://www.pacifier.com/~nwswitch/nws_page01.html>

That look interesting for limit switches. It seemed that mechanical
limit switches might quickly get clogged by oil and debris. I found
these silicone enclosed bump switches and sent an email to the site.
They told me that the normal silicon that they use would absorb oil,
but that they can make the switches using fluoroelastomer to be
impervious to oil and solvents. He is going to send me some regular
silicon samples of the barbed-switches (Number 4 in the picture at
the above link) to test with and if they work he can make
fluoroelastomer versions for me. The big question right now is how
much they will cost and I have not heard back from him on that.
-Chuck-

Discussion Thread

bdrmachine 2004-10-23 09:26:12 UTC Limit switches opto / hall effect Chuck Rice 2004-10-23 20:01:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Limit switches opto / hall effect