CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Adjustment

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2004-10-29 14:30:51 UTC
You are supposed to adjust the "adjust" trim pot for smoothest possible low
speed operation. That said I have found that I place my stepper motor on
flimsy disposable pie pan and run the drive at a feed rate of about 3" per
minute. If your haven't touched the factory setting you will find the motor
is pretty noisy at that speed. If you turn the pot CW when viewing the pot
slot, the noise will increase. When you turn it CCW in will decrease and
then start to increase again. Adjust for lowest possible noise.
If not on your bench but on a machine you should still hear a definite
reduction in sound at some point. This is the correct setting
Dan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Kline" <godsone@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Adjustment

> I hate to say it but that is in the instructions , if you didn't get
> instructions with yours they are on the Gecko site .
>

> Gene wrote:
>
>>How do you tell when the small adjustment screws on the back of a Gecko
>>201 are adjusted properly?

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Gene 2004-10-28 21:54:35 UTC Adjustment JanRwl@A... 2004-10-28 22:53:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Adjustment Ron Kline 2004-10-29 14:20:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Adjustment Dan Mauch 2004-10-29 14:30:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Adjustment Steven Ciciora 2004-10-29 14:49:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Adjustment