CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Phase order

Posted by kdoney_63021
on 2004-10-30 05:02:04 UTC
I'm sure they are all motor leads. I put a scope on them and the
signals jump all over the place. They are sometimes alternating but
not sinusoidal, probably because of my hand movement. These motors
are made in Belgium. I would upload a picture but can't find a link.
Kevin
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> kdoney_63021 wrote:
>
> >I have a batch of small motors (nema 17) with 16 leads. 8 Sets of
2.
> >Is there some way of finding out with a scope or other meter which
> >order these phases are in?
> >

> SIXTEEN leads? Are you sure it is even a motor? Could it be a
> motor with encoder? That might begin to make more sense. I can
> imagine a differential encoder with index having 8 leads. Make it
> 11 if it also has commutation channels for a brushless drive.
> 3 more for a 3-phase brushless motor, any you only have 2 left
> to worry about. Possibly a frame ground, or a tachometer.
> You could hook a scope up and turn the motor. if you get slow sine
> waves out of it, those would be the motor windings.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

kdoney_63021 2004-10-29 10:15:50 UTC Phase order Jon Elson 2004-10-29 20:12:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Phase order Hugh Prescott 2004-10-29 20:43:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Phase order kdoney_63021 2004-10-30 05:02:04 UTC Re: Phase order