CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Drilling Pcb's

Posted by caudlet
on 2004-11-30 13:28:47 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Nick" <njacovou@o...> wrote:

> Hello everyone.After 6 months of work I have finally built a cnc
> etcher/drill.I am using my Dremmel mounted on the cnc.I have been
> using Kellycam.I have chemically etched a circuit board using
> artwork that is in JPG format.Now I would like to use my cnc
dremmel
> to drill the holes .How do I do this? I hope this is the correct
> forum for this question. Thanks Nick (Sydney).

Probably better answered over on the DIY-CNC forum since its about
using your CNC rather than building it. In short you have to zero
the CNC machine to two known coordinates on the PC Board in opposite
corners. You will find it easier to do if you drill the board first
then register the artwork to the hole pattern prior to exposure and
etching. Methinks someone answered his just the other day on one of
the lists....(sigh) too many lists; too little time!

Discussion Thread

Nick 2004-11-29 17:26:37 UTC Drilling Pcb's caudlet 2004-11-30 13:28:47 UTC Re: Drilling Pcb's