CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SloSyn

on 2000-05-21 16:46:10 UTC
Patrick, that info on the site, was taken from Compumotors
standard catalog, which they have produced over the years.
In those catalogs they explain what an indexer is, and how
it works. After looking through those PDF files at the link, I
was not able to find anything on indexers. And that really
surprised me. Most indexers are controlled by an serial port
from the computer, acepting high level commands, processing
them in a microcontroller, and then providing the step and
direction output. The port that you see on your indexer
box may be a DB25 serial port. I have never seen or heard
of and indexer motor, and I believe it is just a standard
stepper motor.

Steve

----------
From: Patrick Huss <patrick@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SloSyn
Date: Sunday, May 21, 2000 4:24 PM

Steve Carlisle <quatsein@i...>
Date: Sun May 21, 2000 4:59pm
Subject: Re: SloSyn motor driver

The site below will tell you everything you will need
to know about motor types and the differant drives

http://www.compumotor.com/catalog_eng_ref.htm

Steve

Steve, That certainly is a useful link, but I am wondering if there was
something there that you thought specifically addressed my question re:
indexers? I have read through a number of the documents and can't seem to
find a clear definition.

patrick

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/3/_/423600/_/958951731/