CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Resolver to Incremental Encoder

Posted by Keith Bowers
on 2005-01-08 17:55:08 UTC
On Friday 07 January 2005 12:24 pm, Jon Elson wrote:
> Babar wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >Does anyone know how to convert resolvers output to
> >Standard Digital Incremental Encoder type output?
>
> Analog Devices has a chip that does this. The AD2S1200WST is
> the first one that is actually affordable, at $21.00 each. It doesn't
> take much in the way of external circuits, mostly just resistors and
> capacitors, and it does provide a quadrature encoder output (as well
> as absolute position). US Digital makes encoders that could also be used.
>
> Jon
Thank you for the info; I'd missed seeing the announcement of the release.
Looks like the solution for upgrading the controller on my 2-axis Tree mill.
After reading the data sheet it does look like handling the "reset" pin on
power-up will require a bit of care. Also, it looks like it would be a good
idea to do a bit with the error signals and feed the result back to the
controller.
Now I have too look into how I can breadboard those flat packs at a reasonable
price. I really don't want to try etching a board with traces that fine.
Especially since it's been 20+ years since I made boards. If I go to Express
PCB or some such I may as well buy a couple of encoders 8:(
--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC

Discussion Thread

Babar 2005-01-07 03:56:44 UTC Resolver to Incremental Encoder Jon Elson 2005-01-07 09:25:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Resolver to Incremental Encoder Keith Bowers 2005-01-08 17:55:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Resolver to Incremental Encoder Jon Elson 2005-01-08 21:17:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Resolver to Incremental Encoder