CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Denford CNC Lathe Control

Posted by John
on 2005-01-10 13:09:13 UTC
Three people are retrofitting Denford Oracs over on the cadcamuk list on
Yahoo - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadcamuk/

They are Les, Paul and myself.

Les has just finished his and was using Gecko 201's.

Paul and I bought the controllers at the same time, after Les started, and
are using 210's.

The Orac is proving to be very easy to convert. I set about it as something
to do in my spare time and have already managed to get quite a lot done in a
few days.

The controller is quite easy to take apart and most of the part you need to
retrofit the lathe with Gecko drives is already there. You can condense the
controller down a huge amount and save a lot of desk space using Geckos.
Also, interfacing and controlling the lathe will be much simpler.

Given a clean with IPA, the power supply I've just finished removing looks
virtually brand new.

I'm really looking forward to starting it back up again with the Geckos in
place.

Best wishes!
John