CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PCI RS232 boards

Posted by cnc_4_me
on 2005-01-10 17:11:14 UTC
newegg has this card, very inexpensive...

newegg.com

general catagory here with all cards...Usb, Serial, Parallel, and
combinations of each...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?
submit=list&catalog=73&DEPA=0

I did not pick out a card for you because i think you may be mistaken
about 2 serial ports...Typically when a card has 2 db25 on it, it is
a parallel card....Look at the db25, if they have sockets they are
parallel ports....If there are pins then you have serial ports...

Also one word of warning, pci cards are plug and play, meaning if you
take them out and put them back in, especially in another slot, or
change cards, windows will probally assign a different address to
it...If wincnc has a manual setup for address you may have to go in
and change it...

Wally

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "airbreathingmammal"
<ccockman@m...> wrote:

> I am trying to get a small cnc machine to work. It uses WINCNC as
> a controller program. The PCI 7200 mother/daughter card has gone
> bad. It has two db 25 serial ports outputing to the control box.
>
> My question is this:
>
> Is this PCI board a standard off the shelf board? I'd like to just
> get another board and replace it...cheap.
>
> Any one help me out there?
>

> thanks,
>
> airbreathingmammal

Discussion Thread

airbreathingmammal 2005-01-10 15:33:56 UTC PCI RS232 boards caudlet 2005-01-10 15:49:41 UTC Re: PCI RS232 boards cnc_4_me 2005-01-10 17:11:14 UTC Re: PCI RS232 boards Arthur Welch 2005-01-10 22:17:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCI RS232 boards