CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on weird output from parallel brea kout board pin #16?

Posted by Andy Wander
on 2005-02-02 04:41:16 UTC
Jeff:

Sounds like Axxus is saying that those pins are just ON or OFF(OVor 5V) to
me.

Andy Wander
Verrex Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: washcomp [mailto:jeff@...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 7:39 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on weird output from parallel
breakout board pin #16?

I am using an Axxus parallel port breakout board with MACH2 on my CNC
Bridgeport. I have just wired up a variable frequency drive. I am
controlling the speed of the drive with a Homman designs Digispeed
with a PWM signal from MACH2.

I selected pin #16 on the breakout board and I seem to be getting a
voltage on it, but no pulse. I changed it in the software config to
be a step signal and got the same. I then looked at the board's
documentation and it says the following:

"Pins 1 and 16 are 5V outputs and can be used to connect with TTL
devices such as transistors, logic gates, or microprocessors."

The Digispeed is supposed to work with an ACTIVE LOW pulse.

I can always rewire a bunch of stuff and steal one of the pins
normally used for a step signal, but I would have thougght that this
would have worked.

This is where I'm getting a little hazy. I always thought that step,
PWM and other signals WERE 5V, so this should be OK. Am I confused?

Thanks,
Jeff

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.