CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: odd setup

Posted by cnc_4_me
on 2005-02-04 18:18:52 UTC
Well, for coordinated motion I think matched motors would be nice for
at least x and y. Depending on how you do Z axis it could use more
power than x and y and use a different pulley ratio. So a different
motor may be appropriate for Z. If you really wanted to, x and y
could be different but due to slightly different rotor inertias I
would expect things like circles to have slightly different machine
marks at the least.

A axis or rotary, could be anything, stepper or servo.

Programs like mach2 do not care how you mix and match things.

Wally

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Scott L Golden"
<escowizard@e...> wrote:
> Hello all again
>
> In my collecting, I have found a couple of servo motors in the
power range
> to power a Bridgeport and I still have enough steppers to set up my
BP with
> them also.
> Now, is there any real good reason why I should not use , lets say
a servo
> motor on the "X" and a stepper on the "Y" or say, servos on the "Z"
and
> steppers on the Rotary and "X" ?
>
> I still have not had time to experiment with the Bandit Motor
Drivers but I
> will and my Gecko hasn't come yet but I could order two more Geckos
210 (I
> think thats the number) and run dif motors on dif axis.
>
> Any reason not to?
>
> Scott L Golden
> www.asmworld.homestead.com
> Never Give Up

Discussion Thread

Scott L Golden 2005-02-04 17:57:04 UTC odd setup cnc_4_me 2005-02-04 18:18:52 UTC Re: odd setup