CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] motor running voltage for Electrocraft E670 - 06

squideclipse wrote:

>Does any one know the recomended coil voltage for a Electrocraft E670-06
>pmdc servo motor? Jon had graciously provided the motor specs in a
>previous enquiry but the recomended coil voltage was not mentioned. Is
>there a way to calculate coil voltage from the motor specs or are the
>voltage ratings decided after the motor is built?

I don't have the -06 coil info in my book. But, this motor is rated for
175 Oz-In
continuous, they don't list any max speed or max voltage. The -05
winding has
a Kv of 75.9 V/1000 RPM. The numbers go up for increasing dash numbers,
so I would expect the -06 to be even higher. Even the -05 needs 152 V
to get
to 2000 RPM, no load. The terminal resistance of the -05 is 10 Ohms,
which is
pretty high.

You can derive the Kv by spinning the motor at a known speed (1000 RPM is
convenient) and reading the armature voltage with a DVM.

squideclipse 2005-02-06 16:53:17 UTC motor running voltage for Electrocraft E670 - 06 Jon Elson 2005-02-06 21:02:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] motor running voltage for Electrocraft E670 - 06