CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: stiffest benchtop for the money

Posted by Mike Mueller
on 2005-02-11 10:26:05 UTC
i have an older shoptask that when I first bought it was more like
a "slop-task".....since installing the quadralift it stiffened the
upper structure 100x better...I have only made a few cuts with it
since the upgrade and it seems okay...the next "fix" will be adding a
"bridge" to support the head even more....they sell the machines
complete with these upgrades now...

http://shoptask.com/images/bridg2.jpg

at first I didn't like the machine, but after doing some upgrades it
is much better unit...the new machines are better right out of the
box, but they also cost quite a bit...

i've also converted mine to ball screws then to CNC...i'd recommend
a "real" mill and lathe 1st, but if tight on space, then the small
bench top mills can work

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "flyasuperseven"
<flyasuperseven@y...> wrote:

> Of the small/affordable benchtop (or toolroom size) type mills
which
> ones have folks found are the heaviest and stiffest for the money?
>
> Joa

Discussion Thread

flyasuperseven 2005-02-11 09:29:31 UTC stiffest benchtop for the money Mike Mueller 2005-02-11 10:26:05 UTC Re: stiffest benchtop for the money