CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digital scales for servo positioning.

Posted by cnc_4_me
on 2005-02-18 11:43:11 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "roboticscnc" <gsm42@o...>
wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to the group. I have a mill and a lathe with "Easson"
> digital scales and I would like to use the scales for the
positioning
> feedback function as this would eliminate backlash issues and missed
> steps. Has anyone used this method ?
> I would also like to use an encoder on the lathe spindle for feed
> rates per revolution and threading. Can anyone point me to a block
> diagram or schematic, preferably with specifications ?
> Glen

Scales on mill will not work, must use rotory encoder on ballscrew or
motor shaft, for servos. Stepper can run open loop.

Lathe threading only uses 1 pulse per rev. here are 2 suppliers i
know of that have prebuilt units.

http://www.acscontrol.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?
Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ACS&Category_Code=SENSORS

http://cnc4pc.com/Index_Pulse_Card.htm

Wally

Discussion Thread

roboticscnc 2005-02-18 06:48:30 UTC Digital scales for servo positioning. caudlet 2005-02-18 08:03:48 UTC Re: Digital scales for servo positioning. cnc_4_me 2005-02-18 11:43:11 UTC Re: Digital scales for servo positioning.