CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I'm new here

scott3d3@... wrote:

> I've been in the moldmaking trade for over 20 years. I draw with
> Cadkey and program with Bobcad, hopefully my knowledge in the field
> can be of service to someone out there. And hopefully someone can
> help me with a problem I have with an older MX3 mill reading Bobcad
> programs when I do 3D work. The MX3 reads in events, meaning I have
> to have a start XYZ and end XYZ on every line. If I were to DNC
> directly to my mill would this cure my problem. I would hate to
> purchase the cable and find out it don't work. Thank you Scott Warden.

I have no experience with the MX3, but it sounds like it is not
accepting standard G-code (RS-274D). If it is supposed to
handle RS-274D, then it may have been set to some special
mode, and you might want to turn that mode off.

As it stands, though, it sounds like standard milling programs
will not produce code that this machine will accept, so a DNC
cable will not do you any good.

Jon Anderson 2000-06-02 08:40:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I'm new here Jon Elson 2000-06-02 22:09:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I'm new here