CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: RE:DRO40 Update Mar.2000

Posted by Terry May
on 2000-06-05 15:25:57 UTC
Hi Frank,
I'm having trouble remembering exactly what the specific issue was.
I know about then I couldn't get the software to work for me, and the
answer, provided by Art, was to us DRO40A instead of DRO40. That
fixed my problem and things started working.
In terms of update, I've got the X axis setup and working on my RF-
45 and I'm happy with that part. I've put the Z axis together and
have it mounted, but I'm playing around with the mounting, the arm
that engages the wire wants to shift side ways a bit when I start
lowering the spindle.
I haven't been spending as much time with it as I would like
because of other projects like getting the garden in, etc. Also been
traveling a fair amount for work, so it doesn't leave much time for
metalworking.
I recommend you try the other version of the software if your
problem is that you just don't get a reaction from the encoder on the
computer.
Good Luck
Terry
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, fepap@t... wrote:

> Hello Terry
>
> When I read your email of May ? about your experinces with DRO40
> it
> was exactly the same as mine almost to the last word.I am just
> wondering if you have made any progress or simply have let it go.To
> date I myself have not been successful.Looking forward to your
reply.

> Frank Papineau

Discussion Thread

fepap@t... 2000-06-03 13:01:53 UTC RE:DRO40 Update Mar.2000 Terry May 2000-06-05 15:25:57 UTC Re: RE:DRO40 Update Mar.2000