CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Finding additional motor specs

Posted by mpictor
on 2005-05-03 11:52:05 UTC
I attached a meter and spun it by hand - positive one way, negative
the other. It seemed like I got about a volt if I spun it a half
revolution in one second.

I chucked it up in a drill press set on ~400RPM and got 13.05 volts
out... so 30.5 rpm per volt.

The tach voltage is linear and only affected by rotational speed,
correct? If so, with a max tach voltage of 154.8, that's 4700 RPM!

Now, can anyone tell me how to get operating voltage from this and a
current spec of 11.2A?

If it helps, the armature leads had about 17 volts on them while it
was being spun at about 400RPM.

Thank you!
Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> mpictor wrote:
>
> >Of course, if it was really an AC tach the 17V dc my cheap meter
> >read is pretty meaningless. I've seen reference to AC tachs on the
> >net, can someone tell me how likely that is?
> >

> Reverse the motor direction. If the meter reads a NEGATVE voltage, that
> pretty much confirms it is a DC tach.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

mpictor 2005-04-30 17:45:20 UTC Finding additional motor specs Jon Elson 2005-05-01 08:03:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Finding additional motor specs mpictor 2005-05-03 11:52:05 UTC Re: Finding additional motor specs