CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: High-level g-code language?

Posted by Alex Holden
on 2005-05-05 08:41:21 UTC
On 5 May 2005, at 4:12 pm, Codesuidae wrote:
> Last night I added a graphical preview window to my script
> interpreter. Its not quite as fancy as what you suggest, it just
> takes the entire output of the program at once and draws the
> lines. For now there are only two colors, one for anything above
> the height set for rapids, one for everything below that. I'll
> expand on that later so that various depths receive different colors.

I wonder how difficult it would be to use OpenGL to draw the preview
in 3D.

> I still need to add support for arcs (although I'm still having
> trouble with loosing steps during arc's with turbocnc), but once
> thats done I can put this prototype up for anyone who is interested
> to check out. Its just an exploration of an idea, but perhaps it can
> generate some feedback that would help to make the tool useful to
> people other than myself.

I'd be interested in taking a look at your project, but I'll probably
end up starting from scratch when I eventually have a go at writing
my own CAM program because one of my goals is for it to have a native
Mac OS X interface.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/ ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer

Discussion Thread

Jørgen Ditlev Christensen 2005-05-05 06:07:10 UTC Re: High-level g-code language? Alex Holden 2005-05-05 07:13:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: High-level g-code language? Codesuidae 2005-05-05 07:40:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: High-level g-code language? Codesuidae 2005-05-05 08:12:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: High-level g-code language? Alex Holden 2005-05-05 08:41:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: High-level g-code language? Codesuidae 2005-05-05 09:50:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: High-level g-code language?