CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 3d digitizing

Posted by Dean Lewis
on 2000-06-11 21:24:16 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Robert" <esccmail@b...> wrote:
> I had posted a link to a hobby style digitizer, nobody seemed
interested, I
> could find it again. The problems I saw was the source code would
have to be
> changed in the way the motors were driven, and it was slow.
> Robert Ash

(snips)

I did read back to your post and kinda liked the idea! One could
always upgrade the controller and steppers. My catch was the
software. I didn't know of any that could handle digitizing without
chunking body parts to acquire it and even then it might be
propietary to their hardware.?? (that is until Dan pointed out a few)
I am a traditional machinist making the transition to CNC. I
already use CAD extensively, but just haven't had the opportuinity to
bridge the gap.

If I could resolve the software end, I just may have to build one of
those animals in addition to the probe/digitizer setup I anticipate
for the ST2000.

Dean Lewis

Discussion Thread

Robert 2000-06-11 13:45:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3d digitizing Dean Lewis 2000-06-11 21:24:16 UTC Re: 3d digitizing Jon Elson 2000-06-11 22:41:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3d digitizing