CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 4284

on 2005-05-09 06:30:11 UTC
Codesuidae,

That scripting language looks great. Is it in XML? Does it support SVG?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Bill

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 00:24:02 -0500
From: Codesuidae <codesuidae@...>
Subject: Re: High-level g-code language?

I spent most of the weekend working on my script prototype. To test it
I decided to try to make a little cube widget like the one at the top of
the DAK Engineering TurboCNC Gallery page:

http://www.dakeng.com/gallery.html

I just thought that was such a cool little widget that I'd like to have
one of my own. I started to write the code and realized I'd need a
circular pocketing routine, so I threw in a spiral pocket routine to cut
circular pockets. It was fun to write, but it sure will be nicer when
the TurboCNC constant velocity stuff is working, all the starting and
stopping with the line segments is not very fun to watch compaired to
the arc routine.

Since I was cutting in foam I made my widget about 0.800 inches across.
Unfortunately, my design doesn't leave quite enough support to allow me
to remove the last face (I'm not sure I could clamp it firmly enough
anyway). Version 2 should be prettier.

Here is the result:

http://codesuidae.net/images/mill/DakEngWgtFoam.jpg

The script utility is turning out to be quite useful for me. While the
right CAD/CAM toolchain would do the same thing just as easily, this is
free and as flexible as my programming skills. It has a simple
graphical XY-plane preview window that does a fair job of showing where
the bit will go, and support for the basic movements, a slot cutting
routine and a circular pocket routine.

The utility will be available under the GNU Public License shortly, I've
got a few example scripts to clean up before I show it off.

Apologies if this is too far off-topic.
cs

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner