CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another BOSS5 Where to plug the Geckos

odowdpat wrote:

>Hello everyone:
>
> I'm converting a boss5 bridgeport to gecko 212s. I have 3phase
>power in my shop and would like to use the transformer (T2) that
>Bridgeport used to power the steppers to power the geckos. The
>trasformer puts out 62 volts AC at each of it's three legs. Can I
>uses
>this transformer without using the saturable reactor and if I can,
>how
>would I set it up? will the voltage be to high after it is rectified?

62 * 1.414 = 88 V, which is above the Gecko's ratings. If there is a higher
voltage tap for the input, you would do well to use that to bring the
voltage
down. It may also be possible to rewire the transformer from delta to
wye on the primary to bring the voltage down.

odowdpat 2005-06-29 08:26:59 UTC Another BOSS5 Where to plug the Geckos Jon Elson 2005-06-29 10:40:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another BOSS5 Where to plug the Geckos