CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need Servo Motors for BP

on 2005-07-05 22:51:27 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "dmedlin1963"
<dmedlin1963@y...> wrote:
> Now that I have completed the grooming of my 9x49 BP, and installed
> the ball screws it is time to start purchasing the control system
> components:
>
> Mach 3 software
> Campbell breakout boards and enclosure
> Gecko servo drives
> US Digital encoders
>
> Do I use dc motors or servos, and where do I get them?
>
> Daniel T. Medlin

There are bunch of different places, but any that you find, I'll link
to the 'motors' folder in the links section.

I know Camtronics was recently discussed.

I think Fred at IMSERV mentioned his motors and drivers are great for
the smaller than a bridgeport mills. But that was some time ago. If
that changed, I think he'll mention it.

Dave

Discussion Thread

dmedlin1963 2005-07-05 21:17:12 UTC Need Servo Motors for BP turbulatordude 2005-07-05 22:51:27 UTC Re: Need Servo Motors for BP Polaraligned 2005-07-06 03:32:45 UTC Re: Need Servo Motors for BP