CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Camera-laser scanning

Posted by ibewgypsie
on 2005-07-29 20:52:00 UTC
Had a bad day, off to bed.. My vision has been blurry all day, I did
hook up a opto22 board to a motor for a friend, put it into a box to
go to Missisipi.. Hell with the spelling,, going down south.. Rough
looking at a $599 lcd monitor and it is blurry.. it is a week old I
thought it would help some. I can't read a book either.

I am writing the software using a Ray Henry ocx driver. It is in
visual basic. I have the screen shots, the "getpixel" @ cursor
position working, the for/next line till it finds the laser color,
then the width of the line, I have not done the triangulation part
yet. It is a simple code line thou. I did a similar project in the 80s
using a scanning laser on a acetate drum. I thought I could use clips
from that software but it has evaporated.

Any windows configured camera should work, I am getting the max from
the left side of the screen, the other height from the other, it is
self sizing on the windows screen.

Ya guys got the good stuff to play with.. hi res camera.. yeah, with
a real laser it'd be mucho better.. a finer line of a more definite color.

I plan on selling the software.plans on ebay.. but I also plan on
opensourcing it for anyone else that wants to experiment. That means I
will be posting my code in the future.. AM learning C++ at a clip
rate.. I got two moto boards that have encoder inp, and PID built into
them.. I see a fancy servo system coming in the future. Right now I
have a stamp hooked to a servo module and it is tracking around. Lotsa
fun.

David

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Kelly" <tech@c...> wrote:
> Ditto, I have some highish res video hardware I could use and am
quite keen
> to hear how you managed this.
>
> PK

CCED list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
> > POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
> > EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

ibewgypsie 2005-07-29 09:46:35 UTC Camera-laser scanning afogassa 2005-07-29 17:55:39 UTC Re: Camera-laser scanning Paul Kelly 2005-07-29 18:36:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Camera-laser scanning ibewgypsie 2005-07-29 20:52:00 UTC Re: Camera-laser scanning Tom Hubin 2005-07-31 12:05:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Camera-laser scanning Erie Patsellis 2005-07-31 14:47:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Camera-laser scanning