CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Document format & Drop Box?

Bertho Boman wrote:

> If I send copies of a magazine article to the drop box or email to a
> person, what is the preferred compression format and procedure?

Gif and TIFF formats seem to do very well with printed text.
JPG does a poor job, as it produces nasty artifacts on synthetic
images, and the text comes out blurred.

Most email programs will automatically put these into mime
format, with the appropriae headers such that most mail
programs will understand the format and display the text
immediately. Ahh, sometimes the software just works!

> Pros & cons?

Well, the obvious 'con' has to do with copyrights on the material.

Bertho Boman 2000-06-19 03:57:32 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Document format & Drop Box? Jon Elson 2000-06-19 20:49:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Document format & Drop Box?