CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] puma type arm controller

dgoadby wrote:

>I want to make an arm a bit like a Puma robot for a pick and place type
>machine. I only need X/Y movement in one plane and not a lot of load.
>
>I don't want to start from scratch unless I have to so, is there any
>open source software available for the positioning of such an arm? Are
>there any sucessful homebrew designs that I can refer to?

EMC is open source, and it is designed to handle robots as well as
cartesian machines. You have to define the lengths of the arms between
the joints, and it should be able to handle it from there. I think
there is a sample
kinematics file for a Puma machine.

dgoadby 2005-10-10 09:31:38 UTC puma type arm controller m0nkey0ne 2005-10-10 12:08:28 UTC Re: puma type arm controller Jon Elson 2005-10-10 19:00:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] puma type arm controller