CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT-Engine Turning by CAD/CAM methods

Posted by Andy Wander
on 2005-10-25 19:16:57 UTC
I thought we were supposed to put an OT in these things?

Brownell's sells a kit that use wire brushes and grit, with a rubber sleeve that you can push up or down on the brush to keep the bristles from spreading out too much.

Andy Wander

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Erie Patsellis
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:03 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Engine Turning by CAD/CAM methods

Bill,
I used a 3/4" wire brush mounted in the spindle, stepped .375, offset
each row by .1875, IIRC. worked like a charm. I keep meaning to try some
of the rubberized roloc wheels (smallest is around 1 1/2")

erie

wanliker@... wrote:

>In a message dated 10/25/2005 10:27:27 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
>mihalov_horology@... writes:
>
>Has anyone in this forum tried using CNC equipment to produce engine-
>turned style engraving?
>I am referring to the geometric ("sprial-graph") type engraving
>produced on watch/clock dials using antique rose-engine lathes and
>straight-line engines.
>

>Technically this is Off Topic, but maybe someone will do it to there New CNC
>case...grin
>
>I think it could be handled as a hole drilling program, but use the tool
>instead of a drill.
>
>"Drill" on centers only from one direction, left to right... "drill" to a
>very small depth, to adjust the tool contact, maybe add a short pause at the
>bottom of the "hole".
>Return to the left side, move the other axis, to the next row position, and
>repeat until the surface is covered.
>I have seen this work using a ink eraser as the tool. The gray long with
>ones come to mind, in an adjustable holder
>If my thoughts are wrong on this please post another method.
>bill

>Addresses:
>Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
>
>Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators]
>
>OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
>If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.
>http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

>NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
>bill
>List Mom
>List Owner
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

This communication including any attachments, are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and contains
confidential or copyrighted materials. Duplication,
distribution or reproduction is strictly prohibited by law
without written permission of Verrex

Discussion Thread

Andy Wander 2005-10-25 19:16:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT-Engine Turning by CAD/CAM methods