CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ladder Logic software needed

on 2005-10-31 20:34:04 UTC
Hi bill;

If you are thinking about a PLC replacement then there is Classic ladder
that comes with EMC. There is also another PLC project for Linux
whos name escapes me at the moment.

If you are thinking about a drawing program to make prints for the whole
machine then consider a couple of things. these are all Linux based
(like above) so maybe not to usefull to you either

First consider DIA a diagram editor that is OK for this sort of work.

Then you have QCAD which is attempting to become a complete CAD package.

You might also want to consder Inkscape or Sodipodi.

A little off the beaten track you could also consider Oregano, or
gschem. These are schematic editors for PCB production but could do
some of what you want.

Long term you will likely want to go the Cad route and build up a supply
of elements to use in the drawing.

Dave