CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yaskawa sigma 1 matching motors with servopacks

John wrote:

>Does any one has ever tried using motor-servopack combinations
>different than what Yaskawa recommends.
>For example running a SGMG20 motor with a SGDB30 servopack?

I would call Yaskawa before trying anything like this. They use some
rather proprietary encoder schemes on the servopack systems, and
if the encoder and the drive don't talk the same language, it will be
nonfunctional at best, and fried at the worst. They don't allow you
to set up motor characteristics on most of the drives. You pick from
a menu of compatible motor types, and that's all you can do.

John 2005-11-19 20:30:51 UTC Yaskawa sigma 1 matching motors with servopacks Jon Elson 2005-11-19 23:49:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yaskawa sigma 1 matching motors with servopacks