CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Smooth Acceleration Formula or Software?

on 2005-11-21 17:03:51 UTC
maxnc15 wrote:

>I have a Digital to Analog circuit which I hope to upgrade to a
>proportional controller with software to do S-Curve Acceleration or
>Smooth Acceleration / Deceleration. I know this is related to
>Calculus but it's been years. I remember someone here once suggested a
>site which had free government sponsored software for CNC. Anyone
>remember that site or any other source for this information?
>
>Thanks,
>Kirk W. Fraser

Are you thinking of EMC? It was originally developed at NIST, and is
now hosted at SourceForge. There are install images available, which
install a fully fcuntional realtime Linux system, with emc as well -
it's called the BDI (Brain-Dead Install)

The main EMC site http://www.linuxcnc.org
The SourceForge page is http://sourceforge.net/projects/emc/

There are links to the BDI iso mirror sites (latest general distribution
is BDI 4.30).

- Steve

Discussion Thread

maxnc15 2005-11-21 16:55:16 UTC Smooth Acceleration Formula or Software? Stephen Wille Padnos 2005-11-21 17:03:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Smooth Acceleration Formula or Software? maxnc15 2005-11-22 00:48:18 UTC Re: Smooth Acceleration Formula or Software?