CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: additional gcode functionality in emc (bdi 4.3)

Posted by samcoinc2001
on 2005-11-25 10:27:38 UTC
Not to worry. I didn't try as I have been busy. Thanks for the
heads up though. I was able to muddle though the emc2 install and
have been playing wiht that. At some point I will ask the emc group
about updating the interpeter.

thanks again
sam

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Paul <no.spam27@n...> wrote:

> On Thursday 24 November 2005 16:31, Keith Rumley wrote:
> > The interpreter files that would work with your BDI (source
code, not
> > executables such as one is typically used to in Windows.) are
found under
> > the emc1 branch. Grab the entire emc/src/rs274ngc_pre/
directory, emc.hh
> > emc.cc from emcnml/, and emctask.cc emctaskmain.cc emcsh.cc
emccanon.cc
> > canon_pre.cc from the emctask/ directory.
>
> > Replace the usr/local/emc/src/rs274ngc_pre/ directory, and the
other
> > associated files in their related directories.
> >
> > Re-compile:
>
> Attempt to follow these instruction and you will at best end up
with a bunch
> of comiler error messages, at worst, a ruined BDI-4.xx install
(which
> fortunately can be recovered from by re-installing the emc
package)'

> > Make sure you are logged in as a 'root' user (look for a # sign
suffix to
> > the command line prompt). If not, type 'su' and the appropriate
password.

> You do NOT have to log in as root to compile any code. Only the
final
> installation requires root permissions.
>
> > Go to the /usr/local/emc/src/ directory and type 'make
PLAT=<realtime>'.
> > Where <realtime> is the real-time kernel platform. The real-time
kernel
> > platform name to use can be found as a directory name under
> > usr/local/emc/plat/. Typically something like 'rtlinux2_2_18' or
the like.
> > So you'd type 'make PLAT=rtlinux2_2_18'.
>
> On a BDI-2.xx install, this would work as long as the
(unmentioned) previous
> steps had been taken. For a BDI-4 install, the process is a simple
> "./configure && make" as it is with ALL the emc2 branches.
>
> > If all goes well in compiling, you're good to go.
> >
> > If it is your first time, it probably won't work right off. :)
>
> Sorry Keith, but it is doomed to failure, aside from the
completely revamped
> build system, there are a number of incompatabilities in the
source code
> between the (depreciated) EMC1 tree and the current emc2 tree.

users is
> > perhaps the best place to ask EMC questions.
>
> Yup, probably the best place to ask about any emc2 related
questions.

> (as a side note) Many bugs were fixed in the interpreter in the
migration to
> the emc2 tree, some identified by Keith, others from a general
review of the
> code. G92 now acts in full accordance with Tom Kramer's original
> documentation.
>

> Paul.

Discussion Thread

samcoinc2001 2005-11-23 07:27:39 UTC additional gcode functionality in emc (bdi 4.3) Keith Rumley 2005-11-24 08:40:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] additional gcode functionality in emc (bdi 4.3) Paul 2005-11-24 13:33:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] additional gcode functionality in emc (bdi 4.3) Keith Rumley 2005-11-25 06:42:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] additional gcode functionality in emc (bdi 4.3) samcoinc2001 2005-11-25 10:27:38 UTC Re: additional gcode functionality in emc (bdi 4.3)