CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport CNC R2E4, Belt & Pullies

danieltmedlin wrote:

>Just bought a BP for $300 on Ebay. The previous owner purchased it
>from a trade school. They needed the control system as spare parts for
>their other BP.
>
>What belts and pulleys are used on X, Y, and Z axis. The pulleys
>around the quill and X axis are there, but the drive pulleys are gone.

These are a standard US belt. I think it is the .200" pitch belts. Bring
the pulley to any belt and bearing house and they will immediately recognize
the system. If you have the number of teeth on each sprocket and the
distance between shafts, they have a calculator that can figure belt length.
McMaster-Carr also has this calculator on-line on their web site.

danieltmedlin 2005-11-29 22:23:55 UTC Bridgeport CNC R2E4, Belt & Pullies Jon Elson 2005-11-30 09:28:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport CNC R2E4, Belt & Pullies