CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rectifiers - Stay or Go?

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2006-01-12 08:27:10 UTC
I agree . My Treemill Journeyman 300 CNC Mill also had the chokes because it
too had the SCR drives
Dan Mauch
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Newell" <lesnewell@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rectifiers - Stay or Go?

> Hi Bob,
>
> By your description I would say they are probably chokes to increase the
> motor inductance. Some older SCR drives needed a high motor inductance
> to work properly. With Rutex drives just connect straight to the motor.
>
> Les
>
> jacoby01 wrote:
>
>>I'm in the midst of converting a Bridgeport Series II Delta Dynapath
>>10 CNC mill to Rutex / Mach2. As I disassembled the electronics I
>>discovered a fairly large rectifier on each of the Baldor servo
>>motors. The rectifiers are built by Powertran and they look like
>>small (i.e. 24V; 5 amp) transformers. The rectifiers are the last
>>component before the motor itself - meaning that the rectifiers are
>>located after the old servo drives. Question: Should I leave these
>>in my conversion - wire them back identically - i.e. after the Rutex
>>2020 drives?
>>
>>Additional information: The old system appears to run on
>>approximately 116 VDC (hence the bigger Rutex servo drive) and the
>>specs on the motor are as follows:
>>

> --
> 11/01/2006

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

jacoby01 2006-01-12 04:44:39 UTC Rectifiers - Stay or Go? Les Newell 2006-01-12 05:28:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rectifiers - Stay or Go? Dan Mauch 2006-01-12 08:27:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rectifiers - Stay or Go? jacoby01 2006-01-13 05:29:02 UTC Re: Rectifiers - Stay or Go?