CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: QBasic code for Kulaga/Mauch DRO card

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2000-07-01 07:43:23 UTC

> Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:40:13 -0600
> From: Tim Goldstein <timg@...>
>For those of you interested, I have put together a page that lists the core
>code required in QBasic to read the Kulaga/Mauch DRO card. ....

Tim - I had a thought while looking at your program. I see that it writes out a data file. Is this a way to collect say a series of scanned points? If this was set up with a contact sensing probe in the spindle, could a little variation on your software be made to actually reverse engineer or scan a 2 axis contour or even a 3D surface?

Also if it was written in PB, it would probably work in windows too, as PB is almost word for word a super set of QB, or am I missing the point that the counts have to be done in realtime and Windows won't let you do that?

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
Listserve Special discounts and offers are at: http://209.69.202.197/cadcamedmdro.html

imserv@... Voice:248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670 Fax: 248-486-3698

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 2000-06-30 13:36:43 UTC QBasic code for Kulaga/Mauch DRO card Fred Smith 2000-07-01 07:43:23 UTC Re: QBasic code for Kulaga/Mauch DRO card Tim Goldstein 2000-07-01 08:41:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: QBasic code for Kulaga/Mauch DRO card Darrell 2000-07-01 11:58:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: QBasic code for Kulaga/Mauch DRO card