CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] WTK Can you mix inch and metric screws with Mach 3 or CAMSOFT

on 2006-01-18 12:23:26 UTC
emt_46058 wrote:

>Hi, I'm still trying to get all the parts together for a lathe
>conversion project and was wanting to know if you can mix turns per
>inch on X and turns per mm on the y.
>Thanks
>Larry

You should be able to convert the Y steps/mm to steps/inch by
multiplying by 25.4. If the number of steps/mm is reasonable (ie, a
multiple of 5), you'll get a whole number for steps/inch.

Going the other way can be worse, since you would need to divide the
steps/inch by 25.4 to get steps/mm, and you're unlikely to get an
integer when you do that. I'm not sure if you need an integer for
steps/(unit), but I suspect it's a good idea for most control software.

- Steve

Discussion Thread

emt_46058 2006-01-18 12:15:52 UTC WTK Can you mix inch and metric screws with Mach 3 or CAMSOFT Stephen Wille Padnos 2006-01-18 12:23:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] WTK Can you mix inch and metric screws with Mach 3 or CAMSOFT Tom Hubin 2006-01-18 13:03:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] WTK Can you mix inch and metric screws with Mach 3 or CAMSOFT