CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Correct terminology for Torque units-WAS Re: Frozen stepper motor shaft

on 2006-01-22 09:57:16 UTC
A rose by any other name ..... :-)

Actually Andy is not only correct, but preventing someone of mathematic
proficiency, but suffering from physics deficit disorder from making an
error.

Jeff

I would say that I'm not.

But I think some would say that I am.

Andy Wander
Verrex Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill Yates
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:15 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Correct terminology for Torque units-WAS Re:
Frozen stepper motor shaft

Hello Andy,

So you are not actually being 'pedantic' about it?

Kind regards,

Bill

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Wander" <awander@v...>
wrote:

> Bill:
>
> Maybe so-but my own inclination is to make it easier to understand for

> whoever happens to be doing the calcs.
>
> That includes lots of old codgers like me who are more comfortable
> with the archaic imperial units(though IO have an engineering degree,
> and most of my education made use of SI units-hard to change old
habits).

> In any case, I don't think it makes sense to use a division symbol in
> a "units" term when the opposite is meant.
>
> And I wouldn't harp on it so often if I didn't believe that many who
> use the incorrect term really think it IS "ounces per inch".
>

> Andy Wander
> Verrex Corporation

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators] URL to this group:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

This communication including any attachments, are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and contains
confidential or copyrighted materials. Duplication,
distribution or reproduction is strictly prohibited by law
without written permission of Verrex

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.