CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Maxnc - don't buy it!

Posted by Ray Henry

I'm going to put together two systems in the next week or so running 2.2.14
under the Mandrake release. If you or anyone else is interested, I'd give
you the specs of the kit that I purchase and, IF you purchase the same
system, I'd make a mirror of my hard drive and guarantee that it'll start
up for you. Price unknown right now but negotiable. I'd enclude a couple
versions of the EMC ini for stepper and servo systems. They'd start from
kde icons but you'd have to tune them for your machine.

I expect to be able to set these up for < $550 US dollars.

Ray

>Message: 20
> Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 18:27:37 -0700
> From: Jon Anderson <janders@...>
>Subject: Re: Maxnc - don't buy it!
>
>Tim Goldstein wrote:
>>
>> there are a number of people that are well versed in setting it up
>> and would probably be willing to setup a system you supplied for far
>> less that the $250.00 you have spent on a half baked package.
>
>Who? I've inquired twice, looking for a quote on putting together a
>working EMC system, except for the STG card, not a single response.
>Hey, I'm willing to pay actual money!
>So, if anyone is interested, I'd like a price on a basic linux box setup
>with both stepper and servo versions, with the stepper version having
>the DRO card for encoder feedback, if this is fully operational and
>working. I'll supply moniter, keyboard, mouse; and STG card when I
>finally collect the parts for a servo setup.

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2000-07-03 05:25:58 UTC Re: Re: Maxnc - don't buy it!