CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Remote DRO

Posted by mlaws1172
on 2006-03-22 21:54:34 UTC
Thanks
you are going to have to start charging me for answering all my
questions. I have been doing controls for a long time but only been
playing with cnc controls for a few months.
I know there had to be a reason.
thanks again
mike
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "caudlet" <thom@...> wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mlaws1172" <mlaws1172@>
wrote:

> > I am not questioning Mariss design (remote Dro) but trying to
end a
> > small bit of my ignorance. Can the same basic thing be done with
some
> > sort of non-inverting gates?
> > mike
> >
> Mike be careful with interfacing the motor encoders running from a
> Gecko and the inputs to a PC. Here is the deal: The Gecko has an
> internal buss that is referenced to the motor neg. Thus Enc - is
at
> the Motor DC negative and Enc + is at the +5 inside the Gecko. If
> your PC ground is not referenced to the motor neg(i.e. they share
the
> same ground) then you can easily pop the gecko logic card or your
> parallel port. If your parallel port has opto isolated inputs
through
> an isolated breakout, then you need to make sure the ground for the
> opto inputs is referenced to the motor neg. The Gecko's have opto
> inputs so you don't have to share the noisey motor ground back to
the
> low level logic and PC ground.
>
> It's not a buffer problem it is a voltage level and noise issue.

Discussion Thread

mlaws1172 2006-03-22 18:57:13 UTC Remote DRO caudlet 2006-03-22 21:00:27 UTC Re: Remote DRO mlaws1172 2006-03-22 21:54:34 UTC Re: Remote DRO