CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fanuc Yellow Cap Motor

Posted by skykotech
on 2006-03-28 16:22:36 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "shadi_salhab_78" <salhab@...>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I 've seen a NC controled Mill to retrofit , it has Fanuc motors but
> no writing on them (very old) the only thing that can I say that they
> are the Yellow Cap Type.
> Any one has info. for this type : AC or DC, Brush Type or Brushless
> Voltage/current/RPM etc...
>
> Thanks

The Fanuc yellow cap motors were (are? do they still make em?) DC
brush servomotors. No idea if the motors in question use resolvers or
pulse coders (encoders). The red cap motors are brushless, and the
black cap motors (like mine) are REALLY old :-)

Discussion Thread

shadi_salhab_78 2006-03-27 22:10:49 UTC Fanuc Yellow Cap Motor skykotech 2006-03-28 16:22:36 UTC Re: Fanuc Yellow Cap Motor